Downloads of v 4.0.1
Average downloads per day
Share on Social Networks
Microsoft Azure Batch
This client library provides access to the Microsoft Azure Batch service.
Visit our home page for more detail - http://azure.microsoft.com/services/batch/.
For technical overview, see http://azure.microsoft.com/documentation/articles/batch-technical-overview/.
API reference can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=717949.
To install Microsoft Azure Batch, run the following command in the Package Manager Console
- Removed Hyak.Common dependency.
- Removed Microsoft.Azure.Common dependency.
- Added Microsoft.Rest.ClientRuntime.Azure dependency.
- Updated Azure.Storage 4.x to 6.x.
- Azure Batch now supports Linux compute nodes (you can see which Linux distributions and versions are supported by using the new ListNodeAgentSkus API).
- New API ListNodeAgentSkus.
- New API GetRemoteLoginSettings.
- ResourceFile now has a property FileMode which is used for Linux VM file download.
- All node file deletion methods now take an optional recursive option (which can be used on directories).
- Properties can now be read on objects after they have been committed. An exception will be thrown if you attempt to write them though.
- Refresh() can now be called on objects after they have been added via Commit().
- Added a new namespace Microsoft.Azure.Batch.Protocol.BatchRequests which contains types defined for each type of BatchRequest. This is useful for writing interceptors.
- Changed various properties which had a type of IEnumerable to IReadOnlyList because they are explicitly read-only.
- Changed CloudJob.CommonEnvironmentSettings type from IEnumerable to IList.
- Fixed bug where Enable and Disable scheduling APIs weren't correctly inheriting the behaviors of their parent objects.
- Fixed bug in signing which breaks some requests issued with custom conditional headers such as If-Match.
- Fixed a few possible memory leaks.
- Fixed a bug where specifying a DetailLevel on a list operation would fail if the Batch service returned a list spanning multiple pages.
- Fixed a bug where TaskDependencies and ApplicationPackageSummary could throw a NullReferenceException if the Batch service returned a collection that was null.
- Fixed a bug where PoolOperations.ListNodeAgentSkus and PoolOperations.ListPoolUsageMetrics were missing support for DetailLevel.
- Updated FileMode comment to clarify that the default is 0770 instead of 0600.
Breaking and default behavior changes:
- Changed the default exception thrown from all synchronous methods. Previously, all synchronous methods threw an AggregateException, which usually contained a single inner exception. Now that inner exception will be thrown directly and it will not be wrapped in an outer AggregateException.
- Changed AddTask(IEnumerable<CloudTask>) to always wrap exceptions from its many parallel REST requests in a ParallelOperationsException. Note that in some cases (such as when performing validation before issuing requests) this method can throw exceptions other than a ParallelOperationsException.
- The CloudPool class has changed to support the creation and management of Linux pools based on the virtual machine compute infrastructure as well as Windows pools based on the Azure cloud services platform.
- To configure pools based on Azure cloud services, use the CloudPool.CloudServiceConfiguration property.
- To configure pools based on the virtual machines infrastructure (specifically Linux pools), use the CloudPool.VirtualMachineConfiguration property.
- The OSFamily and TargetOSVersion properties are no longer directly on the CloudPool type. These properties apply only to cloud service pools and are now on the CloudServiceConfiguration type.
- Renamed CertificateVisibility.RemoteDesktop to CertificateVisibility.RemoteUser.
- Renamed CertificateVisibility.Invalid to CertificateVisibility.None.
- Removed Unmapped state for enumerations which the Batch service guarantees backwards compatibility with.
- Removed Invalid state from all enums, as this is now represented by the nullability of the enum.
- Removed ComputeNodeUser constructor. Use the CreateComputeNodeUser method of the ComputeNode or PoolOperations classes instead.
- Renamed AutoScaleEvaluation class to AutoScaleRun, and removed property DataServiceId.
- Using a DetailLevel that is not supported by an operation now throws an exception (e.g. trying to use FilterClause on an API that doesn't support it, or trying to use SelectClause on an API that doesn't support it).
- Renamed AzureError type to BatchError. This should now be accessed on the BatchException via BatchException.RequestInformation.BatchError.
- Changed AddTaskResult.
- StatusCode is now Status and is an enum instead of an int.
- ContentId removed.
- DataServiceId removed.
- BatchClient.Open and OpenAsync now take a BatchServiceClient object, not a BatchRestClient object.
- Made AffinityInformation read-only after construction.
- Changed TaskSchedulingPolicy.ComputeNodeFillType to be non-nullable.
- Removed ReadAsStringAsync optional Stream parameter.
- Refactored the protocol namespace. It is now generated via the AutoRest tool (https://github.com/Azure/autorest).
- Removed the BatchRequest constructor which took a BatchRestClient (it had been marked obsolete since Azure.Batch 3.0.0).
- Significantly refactored BatchRequest.
- Changed request interceptor types to reflect changes to BatchRequest.
- Changed most types in this namespace to comply with the new underlying protocol layer generated by AutoRest.
- Removed ResourceStatistics.DiskWriteIOps setter.
- Removed TaskInformation.JobScheduleId property.
This version of the Batch .NET client library targets version 2016-02-01.3.0 of the Azure Batch REST API.
|Microsoft Azure... 4.0.1 (this version)||1,578||Friday, April 8, 2016|
|Microsoft Azure... 4.0.0||485||Thursday, March 31, 2016|
|Microsoft Azure... 3.1.0||1,165||Thursday, March 10, 2016|
|Microsoft Azure... 3.0.0||3,722||Friday, December 18, 2015|
|Microsoft Azure... 2.0.2||3,667||Monday, August 10, 2015|
|Microsoft Azure... 2.0.1||1,872||Friday, July 31, 2015|
|Microsoft Azure... 2.0.0||373||Saturday, July 11, 2015|
|Microsoft Azure... 1.3.0||1,082||Friday, April 3, 2015|
|Microsoft Azure... 1.2.0||3,690||Wednesday, February 25, 2015|
|Microsoft Azure... 1.1.0||453||Monday, December 15, 2014|
|Microsoft Azure... 1.0.0||332||Tuesday, October 28, 2014|