A cross-platform pre-instrumenting code coverage tool set for .net/.net core and Mono
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package altcover -Version 8.0.816
dotnet add package altcover --version 8.0.816
<PackageReference Include="altcover" Version="8.0.816" />
paket add altcover --version 8.0.816
#r "nuget: altcover, 8.0.816"
// Install altcover as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=altcover&version=8.0.816 // Install altcover as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=altcover&version=8.0.816
This build from https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/tree/f375d0e77f2d5b3b13167731a6f36e336aa78236
Q. Never mind the fluff -- how do I get started?
A. Start with the Quick Start guide : https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/wiki/QuickStart-Guide
# 8.0.816 (Habu series release 2)
* Move to Cake 1.0 as baseline for Cake support
* [VISUALIZER] Support for LCov and Cobertura format reports
* [VISUALIZER] For formats with only line-level information (e.g. LCov, Covertura or from coverlet), colour the whole line, and not just the line number gutter
# 8.0.815 (Habu series release 1)
* [BUGFIX] Issue 122 -- rework the method name tokenization for extracting the `returnType (argumentList)` signature values in the Cobertura output, fixing an off-by-one error that generated `returnType argumentList)` without the `(` as well as the headline exception.
* [NEW] Native JSON report formatting (`--reportFormat=Json` or equivalents), a superset of coverlet's JSON
* AltCover `classic` mode -- just running the instrumented code and collecting results in the `ProcessExit` handler -- is not supported with `--reportFormat=Json`
* `ConvertFrom-CoverageJson` cmdlet to convert from coverlet or AltCover JSON to a miminal OpenCover format
* Preparing as Native JSON, to generate an LCov or Cobertura report at collection is supported
* [VISUALIZER] Both versions will now consume and display from coverlet and AltCover JSON output
* [BREAKING] the `-x, --xmlReport` argument or equivalent becomes just `-r, --report` since not all reports are XML
* [BREAKING] the stop-gap `--jsonReport` collection option from v7.6 is withdrawn, and the related `ConvertTo-CoverageJson` cmdlet now produces the AltCover native JSON format
* For both LCov and Cobertura output, coalesce cases of multiple sequence points per line into one entry per line
* Extensions to coverlet's JSON format are as follows
* `Method` has optional fields
* `SeqPnts` (array of `SeqPnt`)
* `TId` (integer tracking ID)
* `Entry` and
* `Exit` (arrays of timestamps)
* `BranchInfo` has optional fields
* `Id` (integer unique ID)
* `Times` (array of timestamps) and
* `Tracks` (array of tracking IDs)
* `SeqPnt` is `VC` (visit count), `SL` (start line), `SC` (start column), `EL`, `EC` (ditto for end), `Offset`, `Id`, all integers, and optional `Times` and `Tracks` as for `BranchInfo`
* Because int64 doesn't fit as a double, tracking-related timestamps are represented as Base64Encoded strings of the ticks count as a network byte order quantity `Convert.ToBase64String(BitConverter.GetBytes(IPAddresss.HostToNetworkOrder(ticks)))`
# 7.6.812 (Genbu series release 15)
* [VISUALIZER] Move the global tool to the new 0.10 AvaloniaUI release
* Monitor API
* [BUGFIX] Harden the monitor API `TryGetVisitTotals` against race conditions in multi-threaded tests
* Publish the AltCover.Monitor API as API (i.e. under `lib/`) in the main package `altcover` as well as in `altcover.api` (but not in `altcover.global`; global tools aren't library compatible to be accessed through a `package add` reference). It's there next to the PowerShell assembly (per `altcover ImportModule`) if you want to manually link to it, though
* Support writing unit tests involving the API back to `net20` as well as `netstandard2.0`
* Add `--jsonReport` option (and equivalents) to output the NCover or OpenCover data in a minified JSON format, like the existing `--lcovReport` option does for that format. The JSON is a direct map of the XML, with values appropriately typed.
* Add a `ConvertTo-CoverageJson` cmdlet and a `ConvertToJson` toolkit API to post-precess existing NCover/OpenCover reports
# 7.5.809 (Genbu series release 14)
* [NEW] AltCover.Monitor API to track current coverage from running unit tests. Current implementation requires `dotnet test`, or other command-line testing with `--defer` set, in which the cumulative visit numbers are available, rather than everything having been dumped to file instead.
* [BUGFIX] In OpenCover format output, only emit `<File />` records relevant to the respective module, not for all source files encountered so far.
For previous releases (7.4.x and earlier) [go here](https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/blob/master/ReleaseNotes%20-%20Previously.md)
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
GitHub repositories (9)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on altcover:
Simple, powerful, cross-platform SQLite client and ORM for .NET
ReportGenerator converts coverage reports generated by coverlet, OpenCover, dotCover, Visual Studio, NCover, Cobertura, JaCoCo, Clover, gcov or lcov into human readable reports in various formats.
A simple package with guard clause extensions.
Database migration tool for .NET and .NET Core projects. Inspired by Flyway.
Delegate-based C# P/Invoke alternative - compatible with all platforms and runtimes.