Official .NET API code package for communication with Brainboxes Ethernet-attached data acquisition and control devices, and is provided by Brainboxes Limited.
Design for Brainboxes Remote IO and Ethernet to Serial devices including: ED-588, ED-516, ED-527, ES-246, ES-257 and the rest of the Brainboxes ED and ES range.
Targets .NET 4.0+ and Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
This means this package can run on Windows XP,7,8,10 and Server 2008, 2012, 2016 using .NET framework
Can also run on Windows IoT Core and XBOX using Universal Windows Platform
Can run on linux, raspbian or OSX using Mono framework
.NET core compatibility will be added shortly
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package Brainboxes.IO -Version 188.8.131.52
dotnet add package Brainboxes.IO --version 184.108.40.206
<PackageReference Include="Brainboxes.IO" Version="220.127.116.11" />
paket add Brainboxes.IO --version 18.104.22.168
* Added Universal windows platform dll's to allow compatibility with Windows IoT Core, Windows Store and XBOX
* First official release to coincide with RS DesignSpark Youtube video demo of Brainboxes API's running on Windows IoT Core and Raspberry Pi 3
* Bug with ED-527 event handling reported by Frank Guchelaar and fixed
* Nuget release Ethernet to Serial devices with many stability and performance fixes
* Initial Nuget release to include Ethernet to serial
* Improved handling of IsAvailable for when a route to the device cannot be found, improved handling of IsConnected to determine if the connection is still open
* Corrected ISerialProtocol to implement IClonable so that assigning a protocol to a multiport product was handled correctly
22.214.171.124 02/03/15 - beta
* Added IsAvailable property to Device and Connection and a call back to be notified on change of device status
* Added factory method to Connection (Connection.Create)
* Change constructor for TCPConnection to include ConnectionTimeout parameter
* Added counter functionality to API for IOLines and change handlers
* Changed handling of network and serial streams, by wrapping them into a BBStream to make them work in a consistent way, stream is now flushed before every sendcommand
* Fixed issue with Timeout not being correctly set
* Fixed FactoryRest and Restart command
This package has no dependencies.