See the version list below for details.
dotnet add package DocumentFormat.OpenXml --version 2.8.1
NuGet\Install-Package DocumentFormat.OpenXml -Version 2.8.1
<PackageReference Include="DocumentFormat.OpenXml" Version="2.8.1" />
paket add DocumentFormat.OpenXml --version 2.8.1
#r "nuget: DocumentFormat.OpenXml, 2.8.1"
// Install DocumentFormat.OpenXml as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=DocumentFormat.OpenXml&version=2.8.1 // Install DocumentFormat.OpenXml as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=DocumentFormat.OpenXml&version=2.8.1
The Open XML SDK provides tools for working with Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. It supports scenarios such as:
- High-performance generation of word-processing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Populating content in Word files from an XML data source.
- Splitting up (shredding) a Word or PowerPoint file into multiple files, and combining multiple Word/PowerPoint files into a single file.
- Extraction of data from Excel documents.
- Searching and replacing content in Word/PowerPoint using regular expressions.
- Updating cached data and embedded spreadsheets for charts in Word/PowerPoint.
- Document modification, such as removing tracked revisions or removing unacceptable content from documents.
|Product||Versions Compatible and additional computed target framework versions.|
|.NET||net5.0 was computed. net5.0-windows was computed. net6.0 was computed. net6.0-android was computed. net6.0-ios was computed. net6.0-maccatalyst was computed. net6.0-macos was computed. net6.0-tvos was computed. net6.0-windows was computed. net7.0 was computed. net7.0-android was computed. net7.0-ios was computed. net7.0-maccatalyst was computed. net7.0-macos was computed. net7.0-tvos was computed. net7.0-windows was computed. net8.0 was computed. net8.0-android was computed. net8.0-ios was computed. net8.0-maccatalyst was computed. net8.0-macos was computed. net8.0-tvos was computed. net8.0-windows was computed.|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp1.0 was computed. netcoreapp1.1 was computed. netcoreapp2.0 was computed. netcoreapp2.1 was computed. netcoreapp2.2 was computed. netcoreapp3.0 was computed. netcoreapp3.1 was computed.|
|.NET Standard||netstandard1.3 is compatible. netstandard1.4 was computed. netstandard1.5 was computed. netstandard1.6 was computed. netstandard2.0 was computed. netstandard2.1 was computed.|
|.NET Framework||net35 is compatible. net40 is compatible. net403 was computed. net45 was computed. net451 was computed. net452 was computed. net46 is compatible. net461 was computed. net462 was computed. net463 was computed. net47 was computed. net471 was computed. net472 was computed. net48 was computed. net481 was computed.|
|MonoAndroid||monoandroid was computed.|
|MonoMac||monomac was computed.|
|MonoTouch||monotouch was computed.|
|Tizen||tizen30 was computed. tizen40 was computed. tizen60 was computed.|
|Universal Windows Platform||uap was computed. uap10.0 was computed.|
|Xamarin.iOS||xamarinios was computed.|
|Xamarin.Mac||xamarinmac was computed.|
|Xamarin.TVOS||xamarintvos was computed.|
|Xamarin.WatchOS||xamarinwatchos was computed.|
NuGet packages (652)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on DocumentFormat.OpenXml:
See release notes https://github.com/ClosedXML/ClosedXML/releases/tag/0.104.0-preview2 ClosedXML is a .NET library for reading, manipulating and writing Excel 2007+ (.xlsx, .xlsm) files. It aims to provide an intuitive and user-friendly interface to dealing with the underlying OpenXML API.
The Open XML PowerTools provides guidance and example code for programming with Open XML Documents (DOCX, XLSX, and PPTX). It is based on, and extends the functionality of the Open XML SDK. It supports scenarios such as: •Splitting DOCX/PPTX files into multiple files. •Combining multiple DOCX/PPTX files into a single file. •Populating content in template DOCX files with data from XML. •High-fidelity conversion of DOCX to HTML. •Searching and replacing content in DOCX/PPTX using regular expressions. •Managing tracked-revisions, including detecting tracked revisions, and accepting tracked revisions. •Updating Charts in DOCX/PPTX files, including updating cached data, as well as the embedded XLSX. •Retrieving metrics from DOCX files, including the hierarchy of styles used, the languages used, and the fonts used. •Writing XLSX files using far simpler code than directly writing the markup, including a streaming approach that enables writing XLSX files with millions of rows.
SpreadsheetLight is an open source Open XML spreadsheet .NET library written in C#, and is released under the MIT License. You can create new Open XML spreadsheets, or work with existing Open XML spreadsheets that are compatible with Microsoft Excel 2007/2010/2013 and LibreOffice Calc. No Office/Excel Interop needed. You do not need Microsoft Office/Excel to be installed.
GitHub repositories (58)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on DocumentFormat.OpenXml:
Integrate cutting-edge LLM technology quickly and easily into your apps
Orchard Core is an open-source modular and multi-tenant application framework built with ASP.NET Core, and a content management system (CMS) built on top of that framework.
ClosedXML is a .NET library for reading, manipulating and writing Excel 2007+ (.xlsx, .xlsm) files. It aims to provide an intuitive and user-friendly interface to dealing with the underlying OpenXML API.
Radzen Blazor is a set of 70+ free native Blazor UI components packed with DataGrid, Scheduler, Charts and robust theming including Material design and FluentUI.
Free Open Source Reporting tool for .NET6/.NET Core/.NET Framework that helps your application generate document-like reports
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on [Keep a Changelog](http://keepachangelog.com/en/1.0.0/)
and this project adheres to [Semantic Versioning](http://semver.org/spec/v2.0.0.html).
## Version 2.8.1 - 2018-01-03
- Corrected package license file reference to show updated MIT License
## Version 2.8.0 - 2017-12-28
- Default runtime directive for better .NET Native support.
- Fixed exceptions thrown when errors are encountered while opening packages to be consistent across platforms.
- Fixed issue on Mono platforms using System.IO.Packaging NuGet package (Xamarin, etc) when creating a document.
- Fixed manual saving of a package when autosave is false.
- Fixed schema constraint data and standardized serialization across platforms.
- Upgraded to `System.IO.Packaging` version 4.4.0 which fixes some consistency with .NET Framework in opening packages.
## Version 2.7.2 - 2017-06-06
- Package now supports .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0 in addition to .NET Standard 1.3 and .NET Framework 4.6
- Fixed issue where assembly version wasn't set in assembly.
## Version 2.7.1 - 2017-01-31
- Fixed crash when validation is invoked on .NET Framework with strong-naming enforced.
## Version 2.7.0 - 2017-01-24
- SDK now supports .NET Standard 1.3
- Moved to using System.IO.Packaging from dotnet/corefx for .NET Standard 1.3 and WindowsBase for .NET 4.5.
- Cleaned up project build system to use .NET CLI.
## Version 2.6.1 - 2016-01-15
- Added hundreds of XUnit tests. There are now a total of 1333 tests. They take about 20 minutes to run, so be patient.
## Version 2.6.0 - 2015-06-29
- Incorporated a replacement `System.IO.Packaging` that fixes some serious (but exceptional) bugs found in the WindowsBase implementation