Downloads of v 2.1.0
Average downloads per day
Share on Social Networks
provided by Sonatype
A very extensive set of extension methods that allow you to more naturally specify the expected outcome of a TDD or
BDD-style unit test. Runs on .NET 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 (Desktop and Windows Store), Silverlight 4 and 5 and Windows Phone 7.5 and 8. Supports the unit test frameworks NUnit, XUnit, MBUnit, Gallio and MSpec.
To install Fluent Assertions, run the following command in the Package Manager Console
What are the major features
* Added support for Windows Phone 8 test projects, both using the Visual Studio 2010 test harnass, as well as the new MSTest based framework introduced in Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 (#12470)
* Added support for AggregateExceptions in .NET 4.0 or newer so that aggregated exceptions are treated the same way as normal exceptions. This also allows you to use Should(Not)Throw() to assert a specific exception has occurred (or not), even if it is wrapped in an AggregateException (#12482).
* ShouldBeEquivalent() will attempt to report all differences rather than just the first one. It also supports nested dictionaries (#12472).
* By default the order of items in (nested) collections is ignored while asserting the equivalency of two object graphs. You can override this using the WithStrictOrder()/WithStrictOrderFor() options, with or without a specific path or predicate. Notice that for performance reasons, collections of bytes are still compared in exact order (#12484).
What other improvements are new
* Added support for asserting a method is decorated with a certain attribute (by Nathan Roe)
* Added BeWritable() to the property info assertions .
* XName support for all XML-related assertiosn (#12453 by Igor Khavkin)
* Added Should().BeApproximately() for decimal values.
* Added support for ShouldNotThrow() on Func<Task> so that you can verify that asynchronous functions threw a task (by Igor Khavkin)
* Ensured that all reference type assertions inherit from ReferenceTypeAssertions so that they all share some basic methods like (Not)BeNull.
* Added support for string.Should().NotStartWith() and string.Should().NotEndWith(). Also added the case-insensitive versions of them. (#12441)
* Allowed adding, removing and/or reordering the steps the EquivalencyValidator executes while comparing two object graphs for structural equality.
* By default, the exception message assertions are based on wildcards and case-insensitive. The ComparisonMode enum has been marked obsolete.
* Added catching of FileLoadExceptions so AttributeBasedFormatter will not crash on certain circumstances.
* Made test framework detection based on assembly scanning case insensitive (#12483)
* Fixed a type-mismatch error when two nullable properties were compared using an AssertionRule.
* The method collection.ShouldBeEquivalent() ignored duplicates in the expectation.
* Applied a small improvement by Groostav to collection.HaveCount() because it was counting collections through LINQ Count() even though it has a normal Count property (#12469).
* Comparing a null collection with another null collection will now succeed (#12490)
* When a type was generic, FA wouldn't display its properties in assertion failures (#12492)
* On Mono, the AttributeBasedFormatter sometimes throws a NullReferenceException, but this has been fixed by Frank Ebersoll (#12487).
* During a structural equality check, FA would incorrectly decide to include protected properties in the comparison. This has been fixed now (#12486).
* FA chocked on properties overriden using the new keyword. Now it just tries to be smart about it and select the one which type matches the subject (#12481).
* When a floating point value representing NaN was compared with another approximate value, it didn't throw (#12479).
* Improved the details of any unexpected exceptions during the ShouldThrow() and ShouldNotThrow() methods (#12473).
* Collection.ShouldBeInAscendingOrder() wasn't reporting the correct index if an item appeared out-of-order (#12468).
* Renamed the Execute.Verification property to Execute.Assertion and introduced an internal AssertionScope.
Copyright Dennis Doomen 2010-2013
This package has no dependencies.
|Fluent Assertions 4.19.2||283,357||Wednesday, March 8, 2017|
|Fluent Assertions 4.19.0||123,246||Saturday, February 4, 2017|
|Fluent Assertions 4.18.0||279,651||Sunday, December 4, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.17.0||99,546||Wednesday, November 9, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.16.0||69,546||Wednesday, October 26, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.15.0||66,237||Tuesday, October 11, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.14.0||166,410||Monday, September 5, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.13.1||23,941||Thursday, September 1, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.13.0||130,127||Tuesday, August 2, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.12.0||95,257||Friday, July 15, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.11.0||56,987||Wednesday, July 6, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.10.0||7,232||Tuesday, July 5, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.9.1||45,752||Thursday, June 23, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.9.0||49,153||Monday, June 13, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.8.0||22,505||Tuesday, June 7, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.7.0||15,477||Monday, June 6, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.6.3||92,334||Tuesday, May 24, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.6.2||31,821||Sunday, May 22, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.6.1||39,203||Friday, May 13, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.5.0||69,864||Monday, April 25, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.4.0||51,644||Sunday, April 17, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.3.2||42,183||Sunday, April 3, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.3.1||1,654||Friday, April 1, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.3.0||10,943||Thursday, March 31, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.2.2||211,991||Friday, February 5, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.2.1||112,138||Sunday, January 10, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.2.0||6,316||Friday, January 8, 2016|
|Fluent Assertions 4.1.1||78,933||Sunday, December 13, 2015|
|Fluent Assertions 4.1.0||105,587||Tuesday, November 24, 2015|
|Fluent Assertions 4.0.1||92,054||Wednesday, October 21, 2015|
|Fluent Assertions 4.0.0||224,609||Monday, August 24, 2015|
|Fluent Assertions 4.0.0-beta0001||1,209||Friday, August 7, 2015|
|Fluent Assertions 3.5.0||51,837||Sunday, August 2, 2015|
|Fluent Assertions 3.4.1||74,194||Friday, July 3, 2015|
|Fluent Assertions 3.4.0||31,360||Monday, June 22, 2015|
|Fluent Assertions 3.3.0||259,065||Wednesday, February 18, 2015|
|Fluent Assertions 3.2.2||129,296||Friday, December 12, 2014|
|Fluent Assertions 3.2.1||130,084||Thursday, September 11, 2014|
|Fluent Assertions 3.1.229||58,861||Tuesday, July 29, 2014|
|Fluent Assertions 3.0.107||92,315||Wednesday, April 30, 2014|
|Fluent Assertions 2.2.0||204,618||Monday, December 30, 2013|
|Fluent Assertions 2.1.0 (this version)||125,402||Friday, August 23, 2013|
|Fluent Assertions 2.0.1||124,104||Sunday, March 3, 2013|
|Fluent Assertions 22.214.171.124||74,071||Monday, October 15, 2012|
|Fluent Assertions 126.96.36.199||40,334||Saturday, March 24, 2012|
|Fluent Assertions 1.7.0||6,526||Friday, January 13, 2012|
|Fluent Assertions 1.6.0||4,675||Monday, October 31, 2011|
|Fluent Assertions... 1.5.0||4,814||Wednesday, June 29, 2011|
|Fluent Assertions... 1.4.0||2,245||Monday, March 14, 2011|
|Fluent Assertions... 188.8.131.52||2,097||Saturday, January 15, 2011|