HockeySDK.Xamarin implements support for HockeyApp in your iOS and Android applications.
1. **Collect crash reports:** If your app crashes, a crash log is written to the device's storage. If the user starts the app again, they will be asked to submit the crash report to HockeyApp. This works for both beta and live apps, i.e. those submitted to the App Store. Crash logs contain viable information for you to help resolve the issue. Furthermore, you as a developer can add additional information to the report as well.
2. **User Metrics:** Understand user behavior to improve your app. Track usage through daily and monthly active users. Monitor crash impacted users. Measure customer engagement through session count. You can also track custom events and view the aggregate results on the HockeyApp dashboard.
3. **Update Ad-Hoc / Enterprise apps:** The app will check with HockeyApp if a new version for your Ad-Hoc or Enterprise build is available. If yes, it will show an alert view to the user and let him see the release notes, the version history and start the installation process right away.
4. **Update notification for app store:** The app will check if a new version for your app store release is available. If yes, it will show an alert view to the user and let him open your app in the App Store app. (Disabled by default!)
5. **Feedback:** Besides crash reports, collecting feedback from your users from within your app is a great option to help with improving your app. You act on and answer feedback directly from the HockeyApp backend.
6. **Authenticate:** To help you stay in control of closed tester groups, you can identify and authenticate users against your registered testers with the HockeyApp backend. The authentication feature supports several ways of authentication.
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package HockeySDK.Xamarin -Version 5.1.0
dotnet add package HockeySDK.Xamarin --version 5.1.0
<PackageReference Include="HockeySDK.Xamarin" Version="5.1.0" />
paket add HockeySDK.Xamarin --version 5.1.0
This SDK wrapps HockeySDK-iOS 5.1.0 and HockeySDK-Android 5.0.4. This release contains various bugfixes and improvements for both platforms.
## Changelog for HockeySDK-Android
This version contains a few bugfixes as well as the removal of an API that has been deprecated since HockeySDK 3.7.0-Beta.2.
* **Removal of deprecated API** `ExceptionHandler.saveException(Throwable exception, CrashManagerListener listener)` has been deprecated since 3.7.0-beta.2. Use `ExceptionHandler.saveException(Throwable exception, Thread thread, CrashManagerListener listener)` instead. #317
* **Bugfix** The SDK now deletes redundant crash reports. #318
* **Bugfix** The SDK does no longer send the event that indicates the start of a session twice but once. There was no impact on session counts as the event was de-duplicated on the server. #321
* **Bugfix** Fixes a potential deadlock when reading device information when saving an exception. #323
* **Bugfix** Fixes a potential NPE when processing stacktraces. Thanks to [Thomas Reis for reporting issue #331](https://github.com/bitstadium/HockeySDK-Android/issues/331). #332
This release now limits the number of crashes that are stored by the SDK while the device is offline to 100 Crashes. HockeySDK-Android will stop to collect crashes until the number of unsent crashes drops below the limit of 100 unsent crashes.
* [BUGFIX] Fixes a possible `OutOfMemoryError` exception. This only occurs when a very large number of crashes – several 100k or more – wasn't sent to the server. [#313](https://github.com/bitstadium/HockeySDK-Android/pull/313)
## Changelog for HockeySDK-iOS
- [FEATURE] Add Turkish localization thanks to [Ozgur](https://github.com/ozgur).[#478](https://github.com/bitstadium/HockeySDK-iOS/pull/478)
- [FEATURE] Add support to detect low memory and OS kill heuristics for extensions. Thx to [Dave Weston](https://github.com/dtweston) for this! [#470](https://github.com/bitstadium/HockeySDK-iOS/pull/470)
- [IMPROVEMENT] Support tracking events in the background. [#475](https://github.com/bitstadium/HockeySDK-iOS/pull/475)
- [FIX] Improvements around thread-safety and concurrency for Metrics. [#471](https://github.com/bitstadium/HockeySDK-iOS/pull/471) [#479](https://github.com/bitstadium/HockeySDK-iOS/pull/479)
- [FIX] Fix runtime warnings of Xcode 9's main thread checker tool. [#484](https://github.com/bitstadium/HockeySDK-iOS/pull/484)
- [FIX] Fix caching of previews for attachments to Feedback. [#487](https://github.com/bitstadium/HockeySDK-iOS/pull/487)
This package has no dependencies.
Showing the top 7 GitHub repositories that depend on HockeySDK.Xamarin:
The mobile app vault (iOS and Android).
GithubXamarin(GitIt) is a cross-platform application for https://github.com which is built using Xamarin.
Central repository for App Center open source resources and planning.
Building IoT or Mobile solutions are fun and exciting. This year for Build, we wanted to show the amazing scenarios that can come together when these two are combined. So, we went and developed a sample application. MyDriving uses a wide range of Azure services to process and analyze car telemetry data for both real-time insights and long-term patterns and trends. The following features are supported in the current version of the mobile app.
A Xamarin demo app featuring both Xamarin.Forms and native approaches to Xamarin development
Development repository for the App Center SDK for .NET platforms, including Xamarin