Requires NuGet 4.0 or higher.
Install-Package UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector -Version 0.1.1
dotnet add package UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector --version 0.1.1
<PackageReference Include="UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector" Version="0.1.1"> <PrivateAssets>all</PrivateAssets> <IncludeAssets>runtime; build; native; contentfiles; analyzers</IncludeAssets> </PackageReference>
paket add UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector --version 0.1.1
#r "nuget: UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector, 0.1.1"
// Install UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector&version=0.1.1 // Install UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector&version=0.1.1
Unoptimized Assembly Detector
NuGet package that detects when assemblies compiled without the
-optimized flag are added to a project and warns you about it.
How does it work?
This project hooks into the build process and detects if any referenced assembly was compiled in Debug mode.
Add to your project:
<ItemGroup> <PackageReference Include="UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector" Version="0.1.1" PrivateAssets="All" /> </ItemGroup>
It's surprising to many that
dotnet publish and
dotnet pack compile assemblies in debug mode.
This means that unless you've specified
-c release, you're building .NET assemblies without the
-optimize compiler flag.
With this package, you can get warned if one of your dependencies is being built in
Debug mode and published to
It can warn any referened assembly, not only added through NuGet.
Now that you know about it, you can communicate to the author of the dependency. Wait until a fix is shipped, you can ignore the warning for said package, roll back to an older version or chose another dependency.
- Sentry for the craft release tool used in this project.
- Icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com.
- Some of the blog posts that helped:
- Implementing and Debugging Custom MSBuild Tasks by Matthias Koch.
- Shipping a cross-platform MSBuild task in a NuGet package by Nate MacMaster.
- Alexey Golub for the links and rants.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
GitHub repositories (3)
Showing the top 3 popular GitHub repositories that depend on UnoptimizedAssemblyDetector:
High performance LINQ implementation with minimal heap allocations. Supports enumerables, async enumerables, arrays and Span<T>.
Sentry SDK for .NET
Check out NuGet packages adoption and what's trending on NuGet.
Changes since version 0.1.0
- No documented changes.
Changes since version 0.0.5
- Description to nuget package
- Gif to readme showing how it works
Changes since version 0.0.4
- Fixed conflict with Microsoft.Build.Utilities.Core
- Added a logo to nuget package and acknowledgment to readme
- CI and release to nuget with craft CLI
Changes since version 0.0.3
- Works also on Visual Studio (.NET Framework msbuild)
- Initial release
See full changelog at https://github.com/bruno-garcia/unoptimized-assembly-detector/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md