Updated January 10, 2023
Acceptance of Terms
Description of Services
Through the NuGet web properties and NuGet APIs, Microsoft provides you with access to a variety of resources, including downloads, packages, communication forums and product information (collectively, "Services"). The Services which include any updates, enhancements, new features, and/or the addition of any new NuGet web properties or NuGet APIs, are subject to the TOU.
Your privacy is important to us. Please read the Microsoft Privacy Statement (the "Privacy Statement") as it describes the types of data we collect from you and your devices ("Data") and how we use your Data. The Privacy Statement also describes how Microsoft uses your content, which is your communications with others; postings or feedback submitted by you to Microsoft via the Services; and the packages, files, photos, documents, audio, digital works, and videos that you upload, store or share through the Services ("Your Content"). By using the Services or agreeing to the TOU, you consent to Microsoft's collection, use and disclosure of Your Content and Data as described in the Privacy Statement.
The Services allow you to store or share Your Content or receive material from others. We don't claim ownership of Your Content. Your Content remains Your Content and you are responsible for it.
Code of Conduct
By agreeing to the TOU, you're agreeing that, when using the Services, you will follow these rules:
- Don't do anything illegal.
- Don't engage in any activity that exploits, harms, or threatens to harm children.
- Don't send or post spam. Spam is unwanted or unsolicited bulk email, postings, contact requests, SMS (text messages), or instant messages.
- Don't publicly display or use the Services to share inappropriate content or material (involving, for example, nudity, pornography, graphic violence, or criminal activity).
- Don't engage in activity that is false or misleading (e.g., asking for money under false pretenses, impersonating someone else, manipulating the Services to increase play count, or affect rankings, ratings, or comments).
- Don't circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Services.
- Don't damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services.
- Don't engage in activity that is harmful to you, the Services, or others (e.g., transmitting viruses, stalking, posting terrorist content, communicating hate speech, or advocating violence against others).
- Don't infringe upon the rights of others (e.g., unauthorized sharing of copyrighted music or other copyrighted material, or photographs).
- Don't engage in activity that violates the privacy of others.
- Don't help others break these rules.
If you violate the TOU, we may stop providing Services to you, close your Microsoft or NuGet account, revoke your access to the NuGet APIs, or delete or unlist your package(s).
Using the Services
You'll need a Microsoft account or NuGet account to use some of the Services.
- Creating an Account. You can create a Microsoft account or a NuGet account by signing up online. You agree not to use any false, inaccurate or misleading information when signing up for your Microsoft account or NuGet account. If you create a Microsoft account on behalf of an entity, such as your business or employer, you represent that you have the legal authority to bind that entity to the TOU. You cannot transfer your Microsoft account or NuGet account to another user or entity. To protect your account, keep your account details and password confidential, and we may require you to change your confidential account information (including your API keys) before you may continue using the Services if your confidential account information is released publicly. Ultimately, you alone are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Microsoft account or NuGet account. We may use your public profile name and your verified email address to get your publicly visible Gravatar profile picture (or a default image if you have not set up a Gravatar profile picture). Use of a Gravatar profile picture may be subject to the Gravatar Terms of Service.
- Additional Equipment/Data Plans. To use many of the Services, you'll need an internet connection and/or data/cellular plan. You are responsible for providing all connections, plans, and/or equipment needed to use the Services and for paying the fees charged by the provider(s) of your connections, plans, and equipment.
- Service Notifications. When there's something important to tell you about the Services, we'll send you service notifications to the email associated with your Microsoft account or your NuGet account.
If you overburden or impair any of the NuGet APIs, we may start throttling your access to the NuGet APIs and may eventually revoke your access to the NuGet APIs.
The Services allow you to access, download, share, or upload packages from Microsoft and third parties. Each package is governed by the terms that are included with the package. You should review the applicable terms before accessing, downloading, or acquiring any packages. Any terms included with the packages do not modify the TOU. Microsoft does not license any intellectual property to you from third party package providers and is not responsible for information provided by third parties. Microsoft cannot permanently delete or edit any packages you upload, store or share through the Services, including any personal data which might be contained in such packages. You may unlist your packages, which prevents those packages from appearing on NuGet.org and the Visual Studio UI, as further described in the Services documentation.
Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Service Provider's Designated Agent. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
See Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
You may also utilize the "Report Abuse" link on the Web pages to report any claimed copyright infringement. Note that we may provide your notice of infringement (e.g., your email address) to third parties, including the alleged infringer.
We may also close your account for repeat infringers, including deleting all packages related to the account.
If you no longer agree to be bound by the TOU, you must cease all use of the Services. We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to and use of the Services, without notice, if we believe, in our sole discretion, that (i) such use is in violation of any applicable law; (ii) such use is harmful to our interests or the interests, including intellectual property or other rights, of another person or entity; (iii) where we have reason to believe that you are in violation of the TOU; or (iv) for any reason whatsoever.
Links to Third Party Sites
SOME LINKS WILL LET YOU LEAVE MICROSOFT'S WEB PROPERTIES. THE LINKED SITES ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF MICROSOFT AND MICROSOFT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS OF ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE, OR ANY CHANGES OR UPDATES TO SUCH SITES. MICROSOFT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBCASTING OR ANY OTHER FORM OF TRANSMISSION RECEIVED FROM ANY LINKED SITE. MICROSOFT IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY MICROSOFT OF THE SITE.
You acknowledge that code (object or source) and related technology available via the Services (collectively, “Code”) may be subject to export control and economic sanctions laws, regulations, or orders of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction (collectively, “Export Laws”). In using the Services, you agree to comply with all Export Laws, including end-user, end use, and destination restrictions imposed by such Export Laws.
You also agree not to upload or use in connection with the Services any Code related to any U.S. or foreign origin defense article described on the U.S. Munitions List of the International Traffic & Arms Regulations (ITAR). By using the Services, you confirm that you are not located in (or a national resident of) any destination subject to comprehensive U.S. economic sanctions or export control restrictions; you are not subject to export control or economic sanctions restrictions due to the listing of you or any other person on the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List, Entity List, Unverified List, or on the Treasury Department, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List; and you will not use the Services directly or indirectly in the development or production of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons or in missile technology programs as specified in the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, Part 744. You acknowledge that use of the Services to host Code without submitting notifications or reports required under Export Laws may cause a violation of Export Laws. You agree to submit any such notification or report, and you acknowledge that Microsoft is not responsible for submission of any such notification or report. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Microsoft for any fines, penalties, forfeitures, and costs (including attorneys’ fees) attributable to any failure to submit such notification.
For further information on export and geographic export restrictions, please visit https://aka.ms/NuGetExportControlPolicy and https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/exporting.
Microsoft does not consider or accept unsolicited proposals or ideas, including, without limitation, ideas for new products, technologies, promotions, product names, product feedback and product improvements ("Unsolicited Feedback"). If you send any Unsolicited Feedback to Microsoft through the Services or otherwise, you acknowledge and agree that Microsoft shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality with respect to the Unsolicited Feedback.
MICROSOFT, AND OUR AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, AND VENDORS, MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES ON AN "AS IS" BASIS "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." YOU BEAR THE ENTIRE RISK OF USING THE SERVICES. MICROSOFT DOESN'T GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE SERVICES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, WE EXCLUDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING FOR MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU MAY HAVE CERTAIN RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS. NOTHING IN THE TOU IS INTENDED TO AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS, IF THEY ARE APPLICABLE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT COMPUTER AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS ARE NOT FAULT-FREE AND OCCASIONAL PERIODS OF DOWNTIME OCCUR. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT CONTENT LOSS WON'T OCCUR, NOR DO WE GUARANTEE ANY CONNECTION TO OR TRANSMISSION FROM THE COMPUTER NETWORKS.
Limitation of Liability
If you have any basis for recovering damages (including breach of the TOU), you agree that your exclusive remedy is to recover, from Microsoft or any affiliates, distributors, and vendors, direct aggregate damages up to $5.00. You can't recover any other damages or losses, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive. These limitations and exclusions apply even if this remedy doesn't fully compensate you for any losses or fails of its essential purpose or if we knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. To the maximum extent permitted by law, these limitations and exclusions apply to any claims related to the TOU, the Services, and the software related to the Services.
Contracting Entity, Choice of Law, Jurisdiction
References to "Microsoft" in the TOU mean that you're contracting with Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, U.S.A. If you live in (or, if a business, your principal place of business is in) the United States, the laws of the state where you live govern all claims, regardless of conflict of law principles. You and we irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts in King County, Washington, for all disputes arising out of or relating to the TOU or the Services that are heard in court.