Gnostice Document Studio .NET is the next-generation multi-format document-processing component suite for .NET developers. Currently, it supports viewing, printing, and converting PDF, DOCX, DOC, BMP, JPEG, PNG, WMF, EMF, TIFF and MTIFF. More formats will be introduced in future. Document Studio includes multi-format document viewer controls for WinForms, WebForms, MVC, WPF, and HTML5. It can also convert document from one format to another, such as DOCX-to-PDF or PDF to images without requiring any other external software or libraries. It can also intelligently reconstruct page elements when converting PDF to DOCX. Some features such as programmatic document-creation, document-editing, and mail-merge have been introduced as a preview or beta.
Document Studio .NET is 100% managed code. It can natively process supported formats without requiring external software such as Microsoft Word, Open XML SDK, Word Automation Services, Adobe PDF library or GhostScript.
FREE Edition: This special edition of Document Studio contains only the WinForms document viewer component. Currently, it supports viewing DOCX, DOC, PDF, and image (BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF,...) formats. The Free Edition can be used in commercial applications, subject to all the terms and conditions of the Document Studio .NET
Free Edition SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT AND LIMITED WARRANTY document available at:
The license key to activate the Free Edition can be obtained by registering at:
Version 2019 R1 - March 14, 2019
- ASP.NET Document Viewer
- Client-side APIs:
- Introduced “lazyLoading” property on “preferences”. Setting lazyLoading to false causes the viewer to continue to load the document in background until all pages of the document are loaded and displayed in the viewer. This setting is useful for form filling scenarios. The “onFormLoaded” event is fired after all form fields on all the pages of the document are loaded and displayed in the viewer.
- Introduced “setTabStop” API on the form field object to enable/disable tab stop for a specified form field.
- Introduced “downloadFileformat” property on “beforeDownloadDocument” event which can be used to set the default download file format.
- German and French localization resource files are added for WinForms Document Viewer.
- ASP.NET Document Viewer
- Internet Explorer 11 fails to print large documents.
- Resolution setting is not applied in memory caching.
- Signature fields are not rendered.
- Textfield’s orientation is ignored.
- Document Converter
- In DOCX to PDF conversion, the images are not compressed resulting in larger PDF output.
- The resulting PDF is not searchable when the input image has black background.
- PDF Engine
- Text extraction returns incorrect text for Type0 font text elements when the font contains empty CMap stream.
- Repeated loading and saving of AES 128 bit encrypted document makes the document corrupt after few iterations.
- RedactRegion API does not redact the text that intersects a specified region for redaction as the bounding rectangle of the matching text does not include the full ascent and descent part of the text.
- Images of type CCITT in a PDF are not rendered.
- Unicode characters in the captions of Pushbutton fields are not preserved while saving the document.
- The value of DA entry is getting corrupted while updating it when a document is saved.
- Format exception is thrown when CreationDate or ModifiedDate values in Info dictionary are not of the format “D:YYYYMMDDHHmmSSOHH'mm”.
- While encoding the text fields, unicode character is appended to the text-field’s value even when its value is empty.
- Flattening of field results in incorrect flattened location when the document has incorrect /Size entry in the trailer dictionary.
- Flattening of field results in incorrect flattened location when the document has CropBox entry in the dictionary.
- Word Engine
- Doc parsing issue when the tab value is huge, resulting in incorrect rendering.
- Texts are rendered with incorrect font size as we are overriding the actual font size with font size associated to RTL/complex script text.
- Field code parsing issue resulting in System.ArgumentOutOfRange Exception.
- Paragraphs with left indentation and tab stops and text containing tab character are not handled correctly.
- Table rendering issue when background color of a cell is not specified.
- Texts are rendered with incorrect color when the color property is specified in the run property of a paragraph.
- When the document has numbered list, the numbering level is calculated incorrectly.
- Document is not rendered when it has a dropdown list.
- Image Engine
- When multipage TIFF is loaded to the viewer, only first page is rendered in place of all other pages.
- Multipage TIFF rendering issue where the dimension of the first page is being applied to all the pages.
- Text Engine
- Formatting is lost when the indentation character is a space or a tab.
This package has no dependencies.