Messaging. EventHubs. Processor
Azure Event Hubs is a highly scalable publish-subscribe service that can ingest millions of events per second and stream them to multiple consumers. This library extends its Event Processor with durable storage for checkpoint information using Azure Blob storage. For more information about Event Hubs, see https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/event-hubs/
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor -Version 5.1.0-preview.1
dotnet add package Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor --version 5.1.0-preview.1
<PackageReference Include="Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor" Version="5.1.0-preview.1" />
paket add Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor --version 5.1.0-preview.1
#r "nuget: Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor, 5.1.0-preview.1"
// Install Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor&version=5.1.0-preview.1&prerelease // Install Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor&version=5.1.0-preview.1&prerelease
Thank you to our developer community members who helped to make the Event Hubs client libraries better with their contributions to this release:
- Christopher Scott _([GitHub](https://github.com/christothes))_
- Roman Marusyk _([GitHub](https://github.com/marusyk))_
#### Consuming events
- The `EventProcessorClient` has been enhanced to derive from the new `EventProcessor<TPartition>` primitive, bringing improvements to stability, resilience, and performance.
#### Publishing events
- Event batches are now protected against modification while publishing is actively taking place.
#### Bug fixes and foundation
- Validation for the Event Hubs fully qualified namespace has been improved, allowing for more deterministic failures when creating clients.
- Exceptions surfaced will now properly remember their context in all scenarios; previously, some deferred cases unintentionally reset the context.
- Logging for the Storage Manager for Azure Blobs now follows the common pattern for other Event Hubs types, as well as providing additional context and information.
- The diagnostic scope for activities will now complete in a more deterministic manner. (A community contribution, courtesy of [christothes]((https://github.com/christothes)))
- Diagnostic activities have been extended with additional information about events being processed and with additional environmental context.
- Parsing of connection strings is now more permissive for the `Endpoint` key, allowing additional formats that result from common mistakes when building the string rather than copying the value from the portal.
- The partition manager has been renamed to `StorageManager` to better represent its purpose. (A community contribution, courtesy of ([marusyk](https://github.com/marusyk))
- The tests for load balancing and the Event Processor client have been tuned to remove dependencies on Azure resources and run more efficiently. (A community contribution, courtesy of [christothes](https://github.com/christothes))
- Azure.Core (>= 1.2.0)
- Azure.Messaging.EventHubs (>= 5.1.0-preview.1)
- Azure.Storage.Blobs (>= 12.0.0)
- Microsoft.Azure.Amqp (>= 2.4.2 && < 3.0.0)
- Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces (>= 1.0.0)
- System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource (>= 4.6.0)
- System.Reflection.TypeExtensions (>= 4.5.1 && < 4.9.0)
- System.Runtime.Serialization.Primitives (>= 4.3.0)
- System.Threading.Channels (>= 4.6.0)
- System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions (>= 4.5.2)
NuGet packages (5)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor:
MassTransit EventHub Support; MassTransit is a message-based distributed application framework for .NET http://masstransit-project.com
EventBus transport for Azure Event Hubs. Event-Based framework for distributed applications.
Helper for integration with Azure Services: - Redis Cache - Event Hub - Service Bus - KeyVault - Table Storage - Blob Storage (Block, Append, Page) - Queue Storage
GitHub repositories (5)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor:
Distributed Application Framework for .NET
This repository is for active development of the Azure SDK for .NET. For consumers of the SDK we recommend visiting our public developer docs at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/azure/ or our versioned developer docs at https://azure.github.io/azure-sdk-for-net.
Prescriptive Architecture Guidance for Cloud Applications
Azure Industrial IoT Platform
Microsoft OPC Publisher