An MSBuild project integration that makes it easy to keep version numbers synced across all projects in a solution based on a simple date scheme and user provided major / minor version numbers. Provides a single source of truth for versioning, and modifies it at build time as necessary to keep assembly metadata fresh.
See the version list below for details.
* File generation is now provided through a T4 template instead of via
an imported MSBuild target. This was necessary to better support
package restore, and should be a transparent under-the-hood change.
* Includes MonoDevelops TextTransform.exe to codegen instead of relying
on anything that ships with Visual Studio
* Adds a new CROMAG variable that must be defined to generate versioning
code - by default this is enabled for any non-DEBUG builds
* Removed the dependency on an msbuild mercurial task
* Breaking change - no longer emits MSBuild variables $(VersionNumber)
$(Changeset) $(BuildVersion) or $(RevisionVersion)
* Minor bugfixes to handle project paths with spaces, and non-standard
Git and Mercurial locations on disk.
* Initial DEBUG builds would fail until a RELEASE build generated info
This package has no dependencies.