An easy and reliable way to perform fire-and-forget, delayed and recurring, long-running, short-running, CPU or I/O intensive tasks inside ASP.NET applications. No Windows Service / Task Scheduler required. Even ASP.NET is not required.
Backed by Redis, SQL Server, SQL Azure or MSMQ. This is a .NET alternative to Sidekiq, Resque and Celery.
Please see https://docs.hangfire.io/en/latest/upgrade-guides/upgrading-to-hangfire-1.7.html to learn how to upgrade.
• Added – `DashboardOptions.IgnoreAntiforgeryToken` property to disable token validation in Dashboard UI.
• Added – Display hints regarding server status on Servers page in Dashboard UI.
• Added – Highlight recurring jobs with no next execution in Dashboard UI.
• Added – Show actual error in Dashboard UI when recurring job has an invalid Cron expression.
• Fixed – `InvalidOperationException` when `AllowSynchronousIO` option isn't set in ASP.NET Core 3.0.
• Fixed – Set `NextExecution` value to `null` when existing recurring job has an invalid Cron expression.
• Fixed – Make dashboard charts to be more culture-specific to use correct time format.
• Fixed – Obsolete `UseSerializationSettings` comment now contains correct method name (by @PaitoAnderson).
• Project – `resx` files now re-generated automatically when building a project.
• Added – Full .NET Core 2.0 support by explicitly targeting .NET Standard 2.0.
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.SetDataCompatibilityLevel` to enable rolling upgrades from version 1.6.
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.UseRecommendedSerializerSettings` method for new installations.
• Added – Assemblies now loaded automatically when resolving a type when using default type resolver.
• Added – Custom `TaskScheduler` can now be specified in `BackgroundJobServerOptions` for workers.
• Added – `IdempotentCompletionAttribute` filter to enforce strict order for continuations.
• Added – `IBackgroundJobClient.ContinueJobWith` methods to replace `ContinueWith` ones in future for clarity.
• Added – `JobStorage.LinearizableReads` virtual property to avoid unnecessary waits in state changer.
• Added – Allow async methods to run their continuations on worker thread by disabling `TaskScheduler`.
• Added – Multi-stage shutdown to wait for graceful completion before starting to abort jobs.
• Added – Asynchronous checks for job cancellation, `IJobCancellationToken` can be replaced with `CancellationToken` (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – Possibility to create millions of recurring jobs without stressing the scheduler.
• Added – Second-based recurring jobs are fully supported now with 6-part cron expressions.
• Added – Support for custom `TimeZoneInfo` resolvers in recurring jobs for interoperability purposes.
• Added – Package now explicitly targets .NET Standard 2.0, and .NET Framework 4.6 target added as well.
• Added – Type roundtrip support between .NET Core and .NET Framework for most common types.
• Added – Allow to specify queue names based on job arguments with `QueueAttribute` via patterns.
• Added – `PerformContext.Storage` property to allow server filters to spawn connections.
• Added – `GetFirstByLowestScoreFromSet` connection method overload that returns multiple items (by @cdschneider).
• Added – Entry point for custom job naming strategies available for dashboard (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – `JobDisplayNameAttribute` class for displaying jobs in dashboard, available on .NET Core (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – Support for async jobs returning ValueTask<T> (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – Support for asynchronous background processes, opens the road toward async storage.
• Added – Circuit breaker pattern for background processes to reduce the logging pressure.
• Added – Processing server is now able to detect it was expired, and restart itself with the new id.
• Added – Ability to use custom delays for automatic retries of a background job.
• Added – `ThreadAbortException` and `ThreadInterruptedException` handling to keep the background process running.
• Added – Support for complex Cron expressions, including the `L`, `W`, `#` characters.
• Added – `JobActivator.BeginScope` method overload with the full `PerformContext` (by @jeroenvervaeke).
• Added – Support for read-only view for dashboard (by @mikechamberlain).
• Added – Storage property to control the job expiration time (by @rsilvanet).
• Added – Decrease the size of serialized type payloads and remove version information.
• Changed – Make `TaskScheduler.Default` the default scheduler for async jobs to avoid breaking changes.
• Changed – Split serializer setting to Internal and User scopes to isolate them (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Don't allow to affect internal serialization even by `JsonConvert.DefaultSettings` (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Share the same type binder between Hangfire itself and Newtonsoft.Json (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Use more compact representation of dates when using `SerializeDateTime` (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Stop using special case for `DateTime` argument serialization (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Don't serialize unused `AwaitingState.Expiration` field (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Specify parameter type when serializing arguments to allow using `TypeNameHandling.Auto` option.
• Changed – Use case sensitive search when resolving a type as by default in .NET.
• Changed – Make `SucceededState` constructor public to allow state serialization.
• Changed – Add `IBackgroundJobFactory.StateMachine` property (breaking change for low level API).
• Changed – Replace Rickshaw with Chart.js to have beautiful charts with less headache.
• Changed – `DelayedJobScheduler` is able to use the new storage method to query multiple jobs at once.
• Changed – `RecurringJobScheduler` now uses index-based checks to fetch only those jobs that should be scheduled.
• Fixed – Worker now logs an error, when all the state change attempts failed due to an exception.
• Fixed – Don't serialize arguments multiple times when showing job details in dashboard.
• Fixed – `DateTimeOffset` conversion error when it was serialized with `TypeConverter`.
• Fixed – Remove duplicate of argument deserialization code for obsolete `Job` class methods.
• Fixed – Decorate all the exceptions with the `SerializableAttribute`.
• Fixed – `ArgumentNullException` when job class contains method with non-resolvable generic arguments.
• Fixed – "Failed to initialize CoreCLR" error, by removing reference to `Microsoft.NETCore.Portable.Compatibility`.
• Fixed – Possible race conditions in `RecurringJobScheduler` that may lead to job duplicates.
• Fixed – Configuration inconsistency introduced in 1.6.18 leading to issues with custom `JobActivator`.
• Fixed – Triggering the recurring task doesn't update its last execution time.
• Fixed – Recurring job which don't have next execution (intentionally or not) don't cause exception.
• Fixed – Dashboard recurring jobs sorting is random (now it's based on next execution time).
• Fixed – Performance problems with huge amount of recurring jobs.
• Fixed – `NextExecution` field of a recurring job has delay in value getting set.
• Fixed – Dashboard graphs have improper sizing.
• Fixed – Server disappears from the list, but still performing the background processing.
• Fixed – Logging is too aggressive on transient errors.
• Fixed – Daylight saving time transitions now handled perfectly in recurring jobs thanks to Cronos.
• Fixed – Confusing Cron scheduling, when both day-of-week and day-of-month fields set.
• Project – Add `DataCompatibilityRangeFact` and `DataCompatibilityRangeTheory` classes for compatibility checks.
• Project – Reduce test execution time by removing unnecessary waits.
- Newtonsoft.Json (>= 11.0.1)