A source code package designed primarily for library and framework authors who want dependency free logging support in their component. Also useful in end applications. Works with .NET 4 and higher.
If you are a library or framework author and you wish to provide logging support in your component there are a number of options: 1) Depend on a specific logging framework 2) Depend on Common.Logging 3) Implement your own ILog interface and make your consumers wire it up.
Option 1 is not desirable because it forces your users to use a particular framework. Option 2 is not desirable because it will add yet more nuget package dependencies and project references with associated versioning concerns in addition to wiring up. Option 3 is desirable because it is dependency free but requires that your users to remember to write an adapter and wire things up.
This package is a variation of option 3 but will automatically wire things up too.
- It will add an ILog, ILogProvider etc to YourRootNamespace.Logging
- ILog is 2 methods to implement in comparison to Common.Logging ILog's ~65 members
- Using optimized reflection, it transparently supports NLog, Log4Net, EntLib Logging, Serilog and Loupe without any wiring up required by an end user, if the end user simply has a reference to any of these logging frameworks.
- Support for nested and mapped diagnostic contexts.
- Better support for structured logging.
- PCL Support
This package has no dependencies.
|3.0.0 (current version)||210||2/2/2015|