Downloads of v 0.27.0
MimeKit: A complete MIME library with support for S/MIME and PGP
MimeKit is an Open Source library for creating and parsing MIME, S/MIME and PGP messages on desktop and mobile platforms. It also supports parsing of Unix mbox files.
Unlike any other .NET MIME parser, MimeKit's parser does not need to parse string input nor does it use a TextReader. Instead, it parses raw byte streams, thus allowing it to better support undeclared 8bit text in headers as well as message bodies. It also means that MimeKit's parser is significantly faster than other .NET MIME parsers (more than 25x faster than OpenPOP.NET and about 75x faster than SharpMimeTools).
MimeKit's parser also uses a real tokenizer when parsing the headers rather than regex or string.Split() like most other .NET MIME parsers. This means that MimeKit is much more RFC-compliant than any other .NET MIME parser out there, including the commercial implementations.
In addition to having a far superior parser implementation, MimeKit's object tree is not a derivative of System.Net.Mail objects and thus does not suffer from System.Net.Mail's massive limitations or bugs.
API documentation can be found on the web at http://jstedfast.github.io/MimeKit/docs
For those that need SMTP, POP3 or IMAP support, check out https://github.com/jstedfast/MailKit
To install MimeKit: A complete MIME library with support for S/MIME and PGP, run the following command in the Package Manager Console
PM> Install-Package MimeKit
* Added a new BodyBuilder class for building common message body structures.
* Fixed Multipart.WriteTo()'s CancellationToken parameter name to be consistent with similar APIs.
* Modified Multipart's boundary generator to use Random instead of RNGCryptoServiceProvider (part of a larger effort to make MimeKit into a PCL).
* Modified MimePart's Content-MD5 logic to use BouncyCastle's MD5 implementation instead of System.Security's (another change working toward PCL).
* Changed the names of the iOS, Android and Mac assembly names to not have a platform suffix (they are now just MimeKit.dll).
* Improved API documentation.
This package has no dependencies.