Gnostice PDFOne .NET is a versatile PDF component suite for .NET developers to implement PDF-related tasks in their applications. PDFOne .NET can create, edit, view, print, search, redact, encrypt, decrypt, digitally sign, merge, split, reorganize, bookmark, annotate, watermark, and stamp PDF documents. PDFOne .NET can also create, edit, delete, fill and flatten PDF form fields. It also has an AJAX-powered Web-Forms PDF viewer component that can display and print PDF documents on any modern browser. PDFOne .NET is based entirely on managed code.
PDFOne .NET does all of this without any external PDF software such as Adobe PDF library, Adobe Acrobat Professional or Ghostscript. PDFOne .NET can be used with C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET and other .NET development platforms.
PDFOne components come with hundreds of functions and properties that put immense power in the hands of the developer. They hide the complexity of the PDF format and allows developers to quickly implement PDF-related features.
See the version list below for details.
+ PDF Viewing
- Introduced ASP.NET MVC PDF Viewer Extension
* Enables viewing and printing of PDF documents in ASP.NET MVC web applications.
* Customizable user-friendly floating toolbar for displaying page number and page count, saving and printing documents, and navigating pages.
* Support for custom themes (CSS files) using Theme property.
* Server-side features
- Load PDF from files and streams.
- Specify HTML DOM object ID using ClientObjectName property.
- Use properties to configure toolbar buttons, position, appearance; scrollbar options; viewer background color.
* Client-side features
-side object supports custom interactivity and processing:
* Get page number and page count of loaded PDF document.
* Get and set printing resolution.
* Call methods to navigate pages, save PDF document, print PDF document, zoom in and zoom out.
* Listen to add_PageChanged event to handle current-page change events.
+ PDF Creation and PDF Processing
- Added new Preferences property in PDFDocument class to control document-rendering settings:
* Choose type of page elements that need to be rendered.
* Enable/disable rendering of interactive page elements (form fields and annotations) based on their attributes.
* Print images in color or monochrome.
* Added new overloads of GetPageMetafile(), RenderOnGraphics(), and SaveAsImage() methods in PDFDocument class.
* Added Measurement unit property to PDFAnnots and PDFFormfields classes to avoid ambiguity.
* PDFDocument.GetAttachments() now returns a list of PDFFileAttachment instances instead of just stream instances.
* Optimized loading and more fault tolerance.
+ PDF Viewing and PDF Printing
- Added ViewerPreferences property to PDFViewer control and PrinterPreferences to PDFPrinter - work similar to Preferences property in PDFDocument class.
+ PDF Viewing and PDF Printing
- Parts of content are not printed with some documents when they are printed in landscape mode.
- Masked DCT Flate decode images are not rendered properly.
- Text is rendered with improper spacing when it uses non-embedded TrueType font for which "widths array" is not given in the PDF.
- Improper character positioning in some underline fonts.
- 8-bpc images in some documents are rendered transparent even when they do not specify any transparency.
- Text is not displayed correctly when an illegal character (a number) is found in its internal PDF encoding.
+ PDF Processing
- Flattening of a multi-line text field with PDFAppearance.RecreateAlways or PDFAppearance.CreateIfNotFound setting causes the text lines to be rendered above one another.
- Words do not wrap in multi-line text fields when rendered or after form-flattening.
- In some documents, flattening of choice fields results in blank fields.
- PDFSignature field uses default font instead of the specified font.
- Issues in adding PDFSignature field to a page.
- Some PDF documents with wrong offsets initiate infinite loop and ends in an exception.
- Font size and autoSizeFont properties of text fields are incorrectly read.
- When loading some documents, some pages are omitted.
- Bookmarks without a title text throw exception during document merging.
- Issues in parsing Object streams when loading some documents.
- Form field and annotation properties are not set using their assigned measurement unit.
This package has no dependencies.