See the version list below for details.
dotnet add package SadConsole --version 9.0.0-alpha1
NuGet\Install-Package SadConsole -Version 9.0.0-alpha1
<PackageReference Include="SadConsole" Version="9.0.0-alpha1" />
paket add SadConsole --version 9.0.0-alpha1
#r "nuget: SadConsole, 9.0.0-alpha1"
// Install SadConsole as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=SadConsole&version=9.0.0-alpha1&prerelease // Install SadConsole as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=SadConsole&version=9.0.0-alpha1&prerelease
A library that emulates old-school console and command prompt style graphics. Targets .NET Standard 2.1.
|Product||Versions Compatible and additional computed target framework versions.|
|.NET||net5.0 was computed. net5.0-windows was computed. net6.0 was computed. net6.0-android was computed. net6.0-ios was computed. net6.0-maccatalyst was computed. net6.0-macos was computed. net6.0-tvos was computed. net6.0-windows was computed. net7.0 was computed. net7.0-android was computed. net7.0-ios was computed. net7.0-maccatalyst was computed. net7.0-macos was computed. net7.0-tvos was computed. net7.0-windows was computed.|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp3.0 was computed. netcoreapp3.1 was computed.|
|.NET Standard||netstandard2.1 is compatible.|
|MonoAndroid||monoandroid was computed.|
|MonoMac||monomac was computed.|
|MonoTouch||monotouch was computed.|
|Tizen||tizen60 was computed.|
|Xamarin.iOS||xamarinios was computed.|
|Xamarin.Mac||xamarinmac was computed.|
|Xamarin.TVOS||xamarintvos was computed.|
|Xamarin.WatchOS||xamarinwatchos was computed.|
- Newtonsoft.Json (>= 12.0.3)
- TheSadRogue.Primitives (>= 1.0.0-alpha1-debug)
NuGet packages (7)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on SadConsole:
A canvas class that works with SadConsole and MonoGame host.
A graphics hosting library for SadConsol that targets MonoGame.
A graphics hosting library for SadConsole. Targets SFML and .NET 6.
A library of common classes that extend SadConsole with new controls, windows, and more.
A helper library for SadConsole games built with GoRogue.
GitHub repositories (1)
Showing the top 1 popular GitHub repositories that depend on SadConsole:
A .NET ascii/ansi console engine written in C# for MonoGame and XNA. Create your own text roguelike (or other) games!
A lot of structual changes to split out rendering from SadConsole. You now need to add SadConsole.Host.MonoGame
or SadConsole.Host SFML to your project.
- Object model has changed a lot. Console's no longer inherits from CellSurface and instead are based on some new base
classes and interfaces: ScreenObject. Everything in SadConsole is now a ScreenObject.
- Console.Surface represents the cell surface of the console. Extension methods are provided so that you can use
Console.Print and related methods. If you coding inside a Console instance though, the extension methods only work if
you qualify the call with this.Print.
- Font/FontMaster are now merged into a single type: Font.
- Font sizes are always represented in an X,Y value now, and are seperate from the font itself. This means every
console has a Font and FontSize property now instead of a single Font property.
- All UI objects were moved into the SadConsole.UI namespace.
- The theme system was overhauled (and mostly backported to SadConsole v8).
- A lot of misc name changes, swapping out where it specified Console and substituting ScreenObject. For example,
SadConsole.Input.MouseConsoleState is now SadConsole.Input.MouseScreenObjectState
- SadConsole.Global had a lot of changes. SadConsole.Global.Screen is the root console displayed on the screen
to which all other objects are attached to. It is a console and you cannot change this. It makes it simpler for new
users. To disable it, disable the renderer: SadConsole.Global.Screen.Renderer = null. Objects added to the Children
collection will still work; SadConsole will not bother drawing the root console itself.
- Entity is no longer a Console but a ScreenObject.
- App creation is slightly different with a few names migrated and events for draw/update callbacks
SadConsole.Game.Instance.OnStart = Init;
SadConsole.Game.Instance.FrameUpdate += Instance_FrameUpdate;